Sinusitis is an inflammation of the membrane lining the sinuses.
It manifests itself after a common cold, like flu, some respiratory allergies and other infections. There is acute sinusitis, which is inflammation of the membrane that communicates with the nose, and chronic sinusitis that is a product of acute sinusitis badly cured and also by irritating gases, hot and dry atmosphere and lack of organic defenses In nutrition.
The symptoms it produces are: stuffy nose, pain in the face and nose, pain in teeth and teeth and in the upper jaw. Sometimes it causes even fever. In chronic sinusitis, there is difficulty breathing, sleep apnea and snoring.
In severe cases it can lead to meningitis or brain infection.
Natural Remedies for Sinusitis
1st Home Remedy for Sinusitis:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ounce of sea salt
- 3 drops of olive oil
- 3 drops of lavender essence
- Make a solution with these ingredients named to combat mucus.
- Mix the ingredients and put them on the fire.
- When it starts to boil, remove.
- Let stand until cool.
- Then apply 2 or 3 drops in the nostrils for 2 or 3 times a day.
2nd Home Remedy for Sinusitis:
- Eat raw carrot or juice, because of its beta carotene content, it increases the defenses and strengthens the mucous membranes.
- Eat lots of garlic at meals.
- Inhale salt water steam for 5 minutes every hour.
- Inhale steam essential oil of pine.
- Inhale water vapor with a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Move a piece of honeycomb for 10 minutes.
- Use only sea water to relieve sinusitis, can be done at home with 1 cup of hot water and 1 tablespoon of sea salt, this is diluted and when cooling apply 2 or 3 drops in the nose sucking hard, it should be done 2 times a day.
- Apply drops of lemon in the nostrils when lying down and when getting up.
Eat radishes in salads or juices daily.
- Put 3 drops of rosemary and eucalyptus oil in a bowl with boiling water, and then inhale the steam for 5 to 10 minutes with eyes closed.
- Take lots of fluid daily.
- Avoid heavy perfumes, the smell of cigarettes or walk on contaminated streets.
- Raising the head while sleeping.
- Examinar the teeth, as any infection can spread to the sinuses.
- Perform moderate exercise to keep the immune system strong.
- Avoid frequent use of anticonzesting drugs, as it may inflame more sinuses causing chronic sinusitis.